What is the DofE International Award?
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is the world’s leading youth achievement award.
More than one million young people around the world currently take part in the Award, in over 140 countries and territories. Since the Award’s launch nearly 60 years ago, it has inspired more than eight million young people to improve themselves and transform their lives. By creating opportunities for young people to develop skills, get physically active, give service and experience adventure, the Award plays a critical role in the development of young people outside the classroom. Participants become more confident and resilient, and develop invaluable skills in areas such as effective organisation, communication, problem solving and leadership. The Award also allows their achievement to be consistently recognised worldwide, giving young people unique international accreditation of their experiences.
Runnymede College has proudly offered the International Award to its pupils since 2014. The programme has grown in popularity year on year, with Year 10 pupils benefiting from the Bronze Award and Year 11 pupils undertaking the Silver Award. Now, for the first time, the Gold Award level is available for the Sixth Form.
For more information visit The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.
Why do the DofE International Award?
There are many reasons why the award is the leading youth programme in the world. Here are some benefits:
• Something new and different for young people, outside the classroom
• An opportunity to give something back to the community
• Develops self-confidence, self-esteem and self-belief in young people
• Allows participants to set their own goals and design their own programme
• Encourages development of key life skills; leadership, teamwork, organisation, problem-solving, resilience
• Helps to develop leadership and communication skills
• Allows participants to discover new interests, abilities and talents
• Creates new friendships
• Challenges young people to better themselves
Additionally, a certificate from the Duke of Edinburgh International Award programme makes an excellent addition to your UCAS and other university applications. More information
How can I register to do the DoE International Award?
In order to express your interest in joining the International Award programme at Runnymede, please click on the below link to complete the enrolment form
Please be aware that places on the programme are subject to limited availability. We will operate on a ‘first-come, first served’ basis, and in accordance with other appropriate criteria, when assessing the suitability of each application. Many thanks for your understanding in this regard.