Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
We are an excellent and well established school based in Madrid looking to recruit an Examinations Officer and University/Careers Advisor.
The role is split into two parts:
- Adhering to strict exam policies as outlined by various UK exam boards
- Managing the examination entry process and ensuring deadlines are met
- Managing the examination process and acting as school invigilator for public exams (IGCSE’s, A Levels)
- Managing examination days according to exam board regulations (preparation of exam rooms, training invigilators, ensuring students follow regulations, acting as the “go to” person for any problem)
- Managing physical and electronic examination scripts/documentation with the strictest confidentiality, discretion and security (includes storing and sending physical documentation in a secure manner)
- Managing examination results and dealing with post results services
- Issuing examination certificates
- Liaising with students, teachers and parents to provide guidance with regard to public exams
- Helping with any other ad hoc exams as required (FCE & IELTS registration)
- Updating the school information system (SIMS)
- Assisting final year students with international University applications and administration (personal statements, UCAS systems, grade transcripts, etc.)
- Researching University courses to ensure knowledge is up to date
- Providing career guidance for final year students and discuss options
- Communicating with international Universities as required
- Organising and or assisting with University visits
- Supporting students throughout the university applications process
Successful applicants should:
- be a native level English speaker
- have previous work experience in a similar
- be familiar with the British curriculum, IGCSE and A Level examinations and university systems (e.g. UCAS, Common App, UNED, etc)
- be able to work on a Mac computer and be able to use Microsoft Excel (or equivalent) with ease.
- have knowledge/experience of using SIMS
- have a degree from a British university
The ideal candidate will:
- be meticulously organised and pay exceptional attention to detail
- need to be able to cope with stressful situations and deadlines
- be able to develop trusted relationships with the students
- have an approachable, friendly manner
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- knowledge of Spanish
Final date for applications- 31st May 2019
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.