Runnymede College is a private non-denominational British school in Madrid offering a British education to boys and girls of all nationalities from the age of three to eighteen. The education offered follows the British National Curriculum.
Founded as a private school in September 1967, the primary school was inaugurated in 1987, and since 1990, the whole School has been situated in La Moraleja, a residential estate 13 km to the north of Madrid.
Academic levels are high at Runnymede College. This year 60% of our students achieved A-A* at A Level which meant four of our pupils gained places at Oxford. Another four students have chosen to study at Imperial College London, and another three are going to study at Edinburgh. 81% of our Y13s are now at UK universities. The remaining students have been accepten into top universities in the USA, Spain and Italy.
There are close to 200 pupils in the VI Form and Economics is a popular subject as many choose to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at university.
The school is looking to recruit an A Level Economics teacher as Head of Department to join their Senior School team for September 2020.
The successful applicant will have:
- a good honours degree from a British University
- a PGCE or other qualified teacher status for secondary teaching
- recent experience as an A Level Economics teacher in a school in the UK
- the ability to modify learning strategies to target the needs of individual students
- high expectations of pupils’ effort and behaviour, and facilitate this with proven classroom management skills
- be a native English speaker
- possess valid references, and have an up to date CRB/DBS check
- have a good working knowledge of ICT systems and the application of ICT in the classroom
- previous experience working with SIMS
Other preferable but not essential criteria:
- Previous experience of an international school
- Previous experience in Middle Management
Final date for applications - 31st December 2019.
Runnymede is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including check with past employers and the Disclosure and Baring service.